The hamlet "Pypegale" has been known since 1538. The word "Pypegale" is the Flemish dialect of the region actually means wheelbarrow. At that time the hamlet only had one road, which was merely large enough for one man to pass with his wheelbarrow. The road was primarily used by the inhabitants to take their grain to the grinding mill.
Thirsty passers-by quenched their thirst in the local inn, also called "De Pypegale". The site even had its own brewery until it was demolished in the Great War. After the war the ruins were torn down and only the farm and the inn were rebuilt. A renovation with the purpose of accommandating guests was started in 2002.